Thursday, July 29, 2010

Coco Chanel Toes


'Your Coco Chanel is all shit!', Emilia said.

'Excuse me, but what did you just say??'  (Imagine mama's and dada's wide eyes and jaws dropping to the floor.)
   
'I said,' all exasperated, 'Your Coco Chanel is all chipped!  Maybe we should paint our toenails!' 

Now, I know what you're thinking.  'What a posh little two year old you have!  Coco Chanel?  Well, I never!'  My thoughts exactly...  But it's true.  You ask Emilia what color her toenails are and she'll tell you Coco Chanel.  (They are actually pink, but she prefers to call them Coco Chanel.)

And there we were, last week at the Chanel counter in Nordstrom perusing the latest nail polishes on display.  While there, I happened to sit Emilia on one of those tall make-up chairs they have so I could take a closer look at something or other.  (She loves this because it means she gets to try on some lipstick.)  Anyway, I turned around two seconds later to find her precariously balancing a glass bottle of something fancy in her little hand, while also managing to put an enormous cotton swap right up her nose.  See what I mean?  Posh.

And speaking of posh, you should see the most gorgeous color we are now sporting on our toes.  I did let Emilia pick it out, deciding I would veto any awful choice she made, but there was no need.  She picked out exactly the color I happened to be eyeing myself: bright, beautiful red.  It's called Dragon.  And it is truly the most beautiful red I've ever seen in a red polish.  Even Michael pointed out how pretty it is.  (So much better than I'm Not Really a Waitress by OPI or any of the Butter London ones, if you must know.)  However, we also decided to grab the last bottle of Django on our way out, because I'm a sucker for good names.  It's a lovely pearly soft pink, but, sadly discontinued (on account of the fact that it is sooo last season.)

This means we are now stocked up on Coco Chanel polishes, so I suppose we've no excuse to go around with our toenails looking 'all shit.'  Because lets face it, that's the opposite of posh -- cotton swabs up your nose or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment