Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Sometimes I really love where we live








'Let me have an ear!  Let me have an ear!'  This is what the nearly 5 year old says when she sees me in the kitchen at night, washing dishes, and iPod attached to my person.  And this, amongst a few other lovelies on rotation, is what she will hear.  Oh, I love this song.  Every time she hears it, this is what she says: 'Mama, is that song yours?  I think it is yours.  Boom dee a da boom dee a da!' And I will not argue with her.  In fact, I will happily take it as mine. 


---- I love the mountains I love the rolling hills I love the flowers I love the daffodils I love the fireside When the lights are lowBoom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom I love the ocean I love the open sea I love the forest I love the bumblebees I love the stars above When night turns into day Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom I love the sunshine I love the butterflies I love the windblow I love the river flow I love the city lights When the moon is high (Chorus): Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom I love the daysies I love the sugar peas I love the meadows I love the summer breeze I love to walk on by My head up in the sky Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom (Chorus 8x:) Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom Boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, boom-dee-a-da, 
boom----

No comments:

Post a Comment