Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Fiver for Five!


My girl is five. Did you hear that?! FIVE.

And grandma and grandpa gave her five smackers for it, too.  This means that for the past handful of days, the girl has been wandering around and asking me what one buys with five dollars.  ('Oooh, what can I buy mama?')  We finally narrowed it down to one of three things:

1. Put the cold hard cash in Matilda (her piggy bank) where she is assured to maintain the title of richest person in the house.

2.  Two Trophy Cupcakes, or nearly two, which is practically the same thing.

3.  Five trips on the carousel.

And so, this morning as I was rushing around trying to get myself out of the house in order to run a pile of errands -- completely and utterly and gleefully sans children -- she says, 'Maybe I should go with you, mama.'  'Er, yes! Maybe you should.  But I must warn you, it will be no fun.  At all.  Not even a little.  In the least.  Bear that in mind, alright?  Unless you want to go to get cupcakes... Or something... Oh, go put your shoes on, sweet girl that I love.'

And there we are -- she chose a Neapolitan cupcake for there and a salted caramel cupcake for the road.

'How was your cupcake, little miss?'  ' Good.  But mama?  I really went with you because I just didn't want you to be sad going by yourself.'  My goodness, I am grateful, and I am not sad.




Thank you mom and David.  


1 comment:

  1. That's just great, really, really great. Now everyone thinks that you have the cheapest mom and step dad on the planet.
    Love and kisses,
    Us

    ReplyDelete