Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Why We Will Never Be Rich, Part 2

Well, apparently this is what Lancôme has been sending by the boxful to both Kate and Pippa Middleton. And everyone knows they are gorgeous.  So, I suppose one would have to be a complete and utter knobhead not to try the stuff, right?  And for fear of that, Lancôme's Visionnaire has been flying off the shelves.  In fact, I read that it was selling so well that it was just plain not to be got in the UK when it first hit the market. 

Right when I read this on-line last month, I immediately did an internet search for Lancôme's Visionnaire.  It appears that there is a big difference with beauty products here in the US versus the UK, because here you can wander into any major department store and easily buy bottle after bottle of it.  Well, that is if your Nordstrom credit card will let you, that is.  Anyway, it is supposed to be a wonder serum of sorts -- you know, erase the old, tired, haggard look I seem to be rocking these days, and make one (er, me) look, well, like Kate or Pippa.  Done, I'll take two, please.

And so, I have been slathering my face with the sacred serum for about two weeks now.  Does it work, you ask?  Who the hell knows.  But it does smell very much like a British beauty product, which is odd because it is Lancôme and supposedly made in France.  And every time I put it on, the smell reminds me of the bottom floor of Selfridges.  Or, even the aisles of Boots (the Chemists).  And maybe even a bit like my old bottle of Burberry Touch perfume.  Anyway, I will keep using my wonder serum for now because it doesn't seem to be doing any damage. (Is it a bad thing when this is an actual consideration when buying face products?  I think the jury is still out on that one.)  Besides, I am the sort that feels out of sorts if I am not applying at least two make-you-gorgeous-by-the-morn serums before I put my face cream on at night.  I am nothing if not civilized, you know.

Oh, and as far as the not ever getting rich bit goes, the little blue bottle is not cheap.  That being said, it is not, by any means, the most expensive thing one can put on one's face, though, either.  However, because I am very happily married and love my husband very dearly, I will not disclose the price of said beauty serum here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment