Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Resolve


My favorite places in the world tend to be where the people I love best live.  And yet...


I am absolutely in love with Holmes Point.  It has become one of my favorite spots in the whole entire world.  This is where I take my two small ones hiking, play-grounding, and swimming in Lake Washington. This is where Emilia stood this afternoon, shivering in her swimsuit, and wishing she could just go swim out in the middle of the lake.  This is where yesterday Leo saw 'an animal' (a long shiny black beetle) while we were out hiking. This is where Leo exclaimed with the utmost jubilance when he saw the trail end and the grassy parking lot begin, 'I did it!  I did it hike!!!'  This is where Emilia screamed bloody murder one day last week when I pointed out a snake that happened to be a few feet away on the path in front of us.




This is where I want to move. And where I nearly cried when I saw the house (for which I have longed) go on the market and then quickly sell.

 

But mostly, this is where I run (6.1 miles door to door, more if you'd like).  This is where I get my head sorted.  This is where I pray.  This is where I listen to some of the worst music known to man, as well as some of the absolute best. This is where I avoid stepping on the slugs who have come out in the rain. This is where I feel calm and grateful and strong and incredibly proud.  This is one of the few places I ever remember to exhale.










No comments:

Post a Comment